Music Banter - View Single Post - Uganda's disgraceful and shameful new anti-gay laws
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Uganda's disgraceful and shameful new anti-gay laws

Come on, seriously: how can any country in the twenty-first century pass a law that criminalises homosexuality? And not only that, but one of the most piss-poor countries in Africa! Even Ireland are sending them aid. And now our government are "considering their position"? Jesus! If it was up to me I'd cut off all funding immediately. How can you support such a regime?

And of course, as usual, it's fundamentalist (mental is right!) religious groups pushing the agenda, mostly Christian surprise surprise! I'd love to know where in the Bible it says "thou shalt not be gay". Just because it's said "marriage is between man and woman" does not automatically mean it can't be love between man and man, just that it wasn't specifically mentioned. Didn't Jesus, after all, tell us to love our brother? That all men should love each other? Talk about twisting his words.

I know Iran have a similar policy, and I abhor it, but they are at least self-sufficient with their oil reserves and supported by the Arab states around them. The President or Prime Minister or whatever the **** he is of Uganda says "We see homosexuality as a kind of sickness of the mind." No pal: discriminating against others, threatening them with jail, signing it into law, and putting their lives at risk because you don't agree with their sexual orientation --- THAT'S a sickness of the mind!

This law makes me sick, and Uganda --- it's not just their president and government: apparently this law is supported by the "vast majority" of Ugandans --- makes me ashamed to be a human. A regime like this, a country like this should in my opinion be totally ostracised for passing such a hateful and evil law.

Thoughts?