Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:19 PM   #262 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Also, didn’t Mickey take the plastic arm and throw it away? How come then it is in Rose’s house when the Doctor calls the next morning? Did it somehow claw its way out of the bin, make it back to the house and lie there in wait?
I'll do this bit first because this is the simplest.

When Mickey throws it in the bin it carries on rattling for longer than it should implying that it's not totally dead.
When the Doctor shows up at Rose's house the next day the first thing you see him doing is using the sonic screwdriver around the cat-flap on the door implying that he's following it's trace and it got in through the cat-flap.

The next bit is slightly more complex because you need to have seen the 2 Jon Pertwee stories in the 70s that explain all this.
Quote:
When the Nestene Consciousness sends its signal the Doctor tells Rose it’s supposed to activate every piece of plastic on the planet. Why then is it that only the dummies come to life?
The Nestine insert commands into the plastic like a computer program to activate it at a certain time. Maybe they only activated the dummies first because they're armed (Literally haha) for the reason below....

Quote:
And why, for the love of God, have they suddenly got weapons built in? Shop dummies aren’t generally fitted with automatic weapons, so why are these? That’s never explained, ever. And that annoys me. It won’t be the only thing that does about this series, despite my love of it, and any others will be noted here.
They took over a plastics factory and made them and supplied them, that's what they did the other two times they tried to take over the world, no reason to suspect they wouldn't do it again.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote