Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Correctness and You.
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Do you consider yourself a PC person?
Nah. Semi-enlightened sure, but certainly not PC.

Quote:
Is being PC important to you?
**** no.

Quote:
How do you feel about casual use of hate speech/slurs such as 'nigg@' or 'f@ggot'?
I'd never call someone a faggot in a situation where I wasn't with a friend I knew didn't care and wasn't a homophobe themselves. Not just because I don't want to offend people, but I also don't want any potential homophobes to think I'm "one of them". So long as I know I'm not a homophobe and I know the person I'm talking **** with isn't a homophobe too, then I don't really care about throwing around slurs any more than I care about calling them a dumbass or a cunt.

Quote:
Do you feel like people are often times too easily offended? If so, at what point do you draw the line?
Yeah. See above for my line.

Quote:
Do you feel there's a difference between prejudicial bigotry (I.E, the KKK) and ignorance/insensitivity to people who are in some cases seen as different?
Of course. One involves a decision that one has come too (i.e. black people are stupid, lazy, inferior, etc) while the other is more just cultural osmosis and doesn't necessarily imply hate so much as just not caring enough about the subject to challenge their preconceptions.

Quote:
How do you respond to things/people that offend you? Do you find your responses have a positive, negative, or any impact?[/LIST]
I don't know. Sometimes I tell them to **** off, sometimes I ignore it. All depends on the situation. My family are racists. Just last Christmas my grandfather, a died in the wool conservative who watches Fox News, made a comment about assassinating Obama. It was a joke, but one of those jokes that's only half joking. I've never heard him be that hateful towards a white Deomocrat. Just Obama. I suppose I could have raised hell about it, but what's the point? He's like eighty. I'm not gonna change his mind. I'm just gonna ruin Christmas. So **** it. Let him be ignorant.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote