Music Banter - View Single Post - Tutti-Frutti! Silenzio's Colourful Mix of Music
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

Default Always - Panama

Always - Panama

Panama is an Australian, not Austrian, electronic/indie-pop band which released 2 EPs.
The latest one is called Always. Generally speaking, their music isn't very unique, but I like the Bastille-alike voices combined with Kalkbrenner-sounds and the Temper Trap beat.
However, I think they deserve more attention. Their philosophical lyrics and indie-attitude are pretty fine!

Track list
1. Always
2. How We Feel
3. Destroyer
4. Strange Feeling (Bonus Track)
5. Always (Classixx Remix)
6. Always (Wave Racer Remix)
7. Destroyer (Cosmo's Midnight Remix)

The first song, Always, is the best one of this album. I honestly think it's not so uplifting, however I just fell for that tune.
The concept is simple, but I really think the video is worth watching. The lyrics are touching, recalling memories is a thing we all can relate to.
And I know I'm just a coward when it comes to love. Disarmed by words, like an old white stain, Goodbye my deeper child...

The second track has got the chill-out Kalkbrenner flair - How We Feel.
Alright you know, I don't want to be the one. I guess its hard to say if you don't want to be in love. Stay tonight, it won't change how we feel.
Destroyer is a soft, nevertheless upbeat song. The time destroyer might be the one getting lost in day-dreams.
The following track Strange Feeling is self-explanatory. I like the layer, it reminds me on Televisor's I'm Yours Tonight.
Well, the last songs are all remixes of the previous songs. I personally think the Classixx track has got some Daft-Punk-elements, the Wave Racer is messed up.
It's exactly the same with the Cosmo's Midnight Remix of Destroyer. It doesn't appeal to me, the originals are better!

All in all, this is a well-made EP of a young Australian band. I'll keep an eye on them, I'm sure they could make their way!