Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #263 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I'll do this bit first because this is the simplest.

When Mickey throws it in the bin it carries on rattling for longer than it should implying that it's not totally dead.
When the Doctor shows up at Rose's house the next day the first thing you see him doing is using the sonic screwdriver around the cat-flap on the door implying that he's following it's trace and it got in through the cat-flap.
Okay, I remember the screws on the catflap being knocked out I think. I can accept that; perhaps I just missed the connection there. I do remember the arm rattling around in the bin all right.
Quote:
The next bit is slightly more complex because you need to have seen the 2 Jon Pertwee stories in the 70s that explain all this.

The Nestine insert commands into the plastic like a computer program to activate it at a certain time. Maybe they only activated the dummies first because they're armed (Literally haha) for the reason below....
Hmm. But I thought he said "every piece of plastic on the planet coming to life at the same time"? You could be right I guess.

Quote:
They took over a plastics factory and made them and supplied them, that's what they did the other two times they tried to take over the world, no reason to suspect they wouldn't do it again.

Okay but that's a little tough on people who are coming new to the show. I think that should have been at least mentioned. Eccleston could easily have said "Yeah they got into a factory blah blah met them before" --- you know, just to fill everyone in? I just felt some of it was fill-in-your-own-blanks kind of thing.