Music Banter - View Single Post - The Couch Potato: Trollheart's Televisual and Cinematic Emporium
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #264 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hmm. But I thought he said "every piece of plastic on the planet coming to life at the same time"? You could be right I guess.
Put it down to him boasting to impress an attractive girl by telling her the most dramatic situation possible. They could theoretically do it, but that's not to say they will do it or that he knows exactly what their plans are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Okay but that's a little tough on people who are coming new to the show. I think that should have been at least mentioned. Eccleston could easily have said "Yeah they got into a factory blah blah met them before" --- you know, just to fill everyone in? I just felt some of it was fill-in-your-own-blanks kind of thing.
I think the reason they did it the way they did was because it was the first episode and they wanted Rose to be caught up in the middle of an alien invasion simply to move the story along quicker so they had more time to introduce all the characters. It was more about her story finding out who the Doctor was rather than a story about the Doctor beating an alien invasion. When she first meets him he seems pretty aware of what's going on and how he's going to defeat them suggesting that he's already done a load of work before he met her. I don't think you really need to explain the exact details of the all the backstory in that situation.

If you think of it in a classic series Doctor Who perspective of a 4 episode story we basically join the story following a character that's just joined in the middle of episode 3 rather than from the beginning of the story.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote