Music Banter - View Single Post - The Gaming Industry
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #70 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Since the introduction of the Wii, and the android/iphone especially, more and more non-gamers are beginning to get into playing video games.... granted to those of us who invest hours and time into equipment and stats, playing angry birds hardly qualifies, it is indeed still a game. ****, my grandpa's on level 200-somethin on Candy Crush!

Gaming has become more mainstream, and as people begin with something as simple as Mafia Wars or Farmville or something, they start wondering what else is out there. They dig deeper. Soon enough some of them are playing games that even the most elitist gamer can point a thumbs up at. Developers know this and will continue to cater to the majority of course, with little bull**** games, but they will also keep in mind those of us who want something with a little more substance.... and those who might find themselves becoming interested.

High-powered computers and accessories for PC gaming, on the other hand, may be dying in sales. I prefer a PC myself but I know an awful lot of people who primarily use tablets nowadays. Likely we'll see bigger and bigger increases in price from companies like Alienware until PC gaming is the elite club of well-to-do players they've always fancied themselves to be.

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote