Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #840 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
There was rape in all of season 1. Why anyone all of a sudden gives a ****, I don't know. Dany got raped almost constantly.
I think they've pointed out the fact that those situations have been changed twice now and are starting to be puzzled why. I honestly found the Drogo/Dany relationship in the show a bit ick.

Quote:
You can't take that world, apply 21st century 1st world standards to it selectively, and then have 14 billions articles by xojane, codeswitch, and the like come out and expect me to take them seriously. Even that ****-rag Salon wrote "Sorry, but you can't root for Jamie anymore?"
Though the world mirrors a medieval, fantasy era, the story is written from a modern point of view so I can see why it'll be difficult to cut itself free from modern values.

I for one can say, and probably many other viewers that we saw (or at least started to see) Jaime in a modern redemptive light. So I think the scene was more shocking from the character who did it than just being another rape scene (even though I don't see it serving much of a purpose so far), unnecessarily deviating Jaime's character, and fundamentally changing him.

I'll keep tune, and see if this is a plot device or something that serves no purpose but to shock.

Last edited by Rjinn; 04-28-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Rjinn is offline   Reply With Quote