Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands you LOVE to HATE!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 07:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rust In Peace
Music Addict

Cool

look dude. how shallow a reason is that to dislike a band?

"oh i dislike them coz they don't have guitar solo's"

maybe they didn't feel like the songs needed a guitar solo! i certainly feel as though guitar solo's would have destroyed the St Anger album even more than it already was.
i mean come on, could you seriously say that St Anger or Frantic or wotever would have been better with a guitar solo?

to get the sound they did on the songs, they had to really detune their guitars, so for that tuning to then have a blazing guitar solo from hell within the song......get real!

sure they could have had some solo's, but they did what they felt was right. and as a muscian, i respect that! i'm sorry if you are offended, it was not intentional, but you have to look at the music from a music point of view. and not just see metallica as all "RIDE THE LIGHTENING" and "MASTER OF PUPPETS", but see them as people trying to express musically how they feel or woteva.

Just look at MEGADETH, they started off all THRASH METAL, but after a while, although DAVE MUSTAINE remained true to his roots, the rest of them wanted to try new things. and this shows in their later music.

Or look at PANTERA, Dimebag has to feel as though the song is calling for a solo, he won't just force a solo in there........and why you ask........because he knows it could so easily spoil the song.

A track has to really compliment a solo. it is much more important to get the tone and feel for the song......if this means a few notes from the heart, or a crunching good riff over a solo, then so be it.

if the glove fits......