Music Banter - View Single Post - The Gaming Industry
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #76 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sane Psycho View Post
I see it a lot on forums and YouTube videos. Hell, Cracked even did an article on why the video game industry is going to crash.

I'm not getting pissed off at people being nostalgic. I'm not even pissed at all. I'm just concerned. It seems to me that gamers are getting more cynical and jaded. Previous generations have been met with mostly optimism and excitement. This generation of gaming, as far as I can see, is being met with a lot of pessimism.

I don't really understand it. I think gaming is just fine. I prefer older games myself, but I'm personally excited to see what the future holds.
Maybe you're younger or something, but I think gaming optimism reached a peak when games went 3D. Everyone pretty much **** themselves, and then a year after that we were kind of over it and the bitching began. Since then there's always been bitching about how the next console didn't look all that great, or how the start-up games were lame, or how the gaming industry was dumbing down games, etc.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote