Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sane Psycho's Journal Of Psychotic Sanity
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Sane Psycho
Music Addict

How Tony Hawk Turned Me On To Classic Rock

The GameCube is an awesome system. I don't care what anyone says about it. I remember when I got one when I was 10. It was Christmas of 2003. And I loved it. One game I played a ton on the GCN was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, which I got about a year later, if my memory serves me right. while I was already a THPS fan, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 quickly became my favorite in the series. While the gameplay and levels were amazing, I never really thought about the impact it had on my musical taste until I made this journal. So I'm gonna talk about it here.

The Tony Hawk games have always had awesome soundtracks, and THPS4 is no exception. One song that I really liked was TNT by AC/DC. I would put that song on all the time, and I would always sing it. It made me curious about other AC/DC songs, and I soon became an AC/DC fan. Seriously, AC/DC was my favorite band for years.

It eventually led me to listen to more Classic Rock. I would listen to Classic Rock Radio all the time. Over the years, I would explore more Classic Rock, from Led Zeppelin to Pink Floyd to Jimi Hendrix. I simply loved Classic Rock.

While it's no longer my favorite genre, I still love Classic Rock. And I have Tony Hawk to thank. So the next time you hear someone say that video games can't have an impact on your life, promptly direct them to my journal.

Next Entry: 11th Grade And Why It Was Awesome For Me Musically
The Sane Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote