Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #5018 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
It's been nearly 2 years since I quit reading the Wheel of Time series because the fifth book pissed me off.

Picked it back up again with intent to power through to the end of it. Currently on Lord of Chaos.
If it pissed you off cause the series started to slow the **** down, then I don't know if you're gonna want to keep going. Down the line I'm pretty sure they used an entire book for some of the characters to go down a road. Possibly a second as well. After Jordan died and the new guy took over the pace picks back up (for obvious reasons), but that's like book 12. I only kept reading just because I liked the characters, but it was a serious slog at times.

Of course if the benevolent sexism is what pisses you off then just be glad you're not reading the Sword of Truth series.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote