Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's 'Doctor Who' Thing
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #162 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

My Top 10(ish) List Of Actors & Actresses That Need To Appear In Doctor Who According To Me.

10. Kelly Adams
There's was tons of male eye candy during the Russell T Davies era, in fact in his 'The Writer's Tail' book he openly admitted to casting actors from other shows he thought were hot, so much so it's a miracle he didn't cast the entire male cast of Skins in Doctor Who. So with that in mind I'm casting Kelly not only because she's incredibly hot but because she was awesome in Hustle (Especially the episode where she pretends to be Kylie Minogue). She's also the only good thing about that dire comedy series Bluestone 42. She'd make a great pseudo companion, one of those characters you wish would go off in the Tardis at the end of the story but for whatever reason doesn't and leaves you imagining what could have been.

9. Johnny Vegas
Come on!!!!!! He would be awesome in Doctor Who.
They've already had Peter Kay & David Walliams playing crap aliens have Johnny Vegas play one too. I actually think they missed a trick not casting him earlier. He would have been awesome in 'The Lodger' instead of James Cordon. Normally I can't stand James Cordon but I really loved that episode but I can't help think that just the idea of Johnny Vegas & the 11th Doctor sharing a flat would have made amazing television and taken that episode to another level.

8. Reece Shearsmith
Reece played Patrick Troughton in 'Adventures In Space And Time' and I just had to do a double check to see if he had been in Doctor Who as well and it turns out he hadn't. This really surprised me because I was sure he had. In fact I'm really shocked he hasn't already, I mean your best mate is Mark Gatiss how the hell have you not been in this show yet. There are rumours that Season 8 will be Steven Moffat's last year in charge of the show and that Gatiss will be taking over as showrunner for Season 9 . If he can't get cast then I don't think he'll ever be in the show.

7. Amelia Bullmore
Been a massive fan of Amelia for years going right back to Big Train, This Life, Ashes To Ashes, Jam, Alan Partridge, State of Play, Twenty Twelve, Sherlock. She MUST appear in Doctor Who at some point surely. I think she's one of the most talented actresses on TV at the moment whether it be comedy or straight acting she manages to be believable in everything she appears in and I'm really surprised she's not a bigger name. a semi regular character would be nice, how about as a companions mother?

6. Idris Elba
There's been loads of talk in the past about the Doctor being a woman, also there's been talk about the Doctor being non white. I don't see why he shouldn't be, if he can be Scottish or Mancunian or Cockney I see no reason why he shouldn't be black either.
If they ever go that route then Idris needs to be the 13th Doctor, or failing that how about a one off appearance as a high ranking U.N.I.T. officer?

5. Andrew Scott
The obvious choice for him would be to play The Master but I wouldn't do that. The Master was created to be the Moriarty to The Doctor & The Brigadier's Holmes & Watson, so he's already played that role in Sherlock where he basically successfully did what John Simm tried to do as The Master but failed. I'd have him as this unhinged human megalomaniac to some alien race, much like Tobias Vaughn to the Cybermen in 'The Invasion' or my favourite Harrison Chase in 'The Seeds Of Doom'. Just tell him to totally play it over the top, sit back and watch him chew scenery for 50 minutes.

4. Sir Ian McKellen
Technically he's been in Doctor Who. He voiced The Great Intelligence during the 2012 Christmas Special 'The Snowmen'. I'd love to see him do a full on proper part. If he can appear in Coronation Street I see no reason why he shouldn't do Doctor Who too. Hopefully he could bring his buddy Patrick Stewart along as well. Also said that he was in love with Matt Smith. Who better to play the Time Lord president when they finally discover Gallifrey?

3. Anna Chancellor
No actress plays a bitch on TV better than she does.
Loved her in everything I have ever seen her in. She's been up against Sherlock playing Irene Adler, now let's see her go up against the Doctor. I know I said in a previous post that I'd love to see Ruth Wilson play The Rani, but if they want to go with an older actress playing the part (As Kate O'Mara was when she played the original Rani in the 80s) she would be totally perfect for it. Or if not she'd still make an awesome Doctor Who villain anyway.

2. Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie
Don't really need to add much here.
Stephen Fry has been linked with Doctor Who since the 80s and almost went as far as writing an episode for series 2, which was put back to series 3 and then sadly cancelled because he didn't have the time to write it.
Hugh Laurie has proven what a great actor he is in House where even I was surprised at how good he is at straight acting, and I've been watching him on TV since the early 80s.
Would have them both of them on the show in a heartbeat any way they could be accommodated.

1. Gary Oldman
Yes I'm just dreaming now but damn, him playing a Doctor Who villain would totally blow my mind and leave me a blubbering heap on the floor.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.

Last edited by Urban Hat€monger ?; 05-01-2014 at 06:24 AM.