Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #427 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanMC View Post
I've already shared some of my Prog Hard Rock music:

Ivan M.C.'s sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

But now, this is my 1st time on youtube ever, through some classical stuff and tango:

Ivan Corsani: "Minuet en A" (A. Barrios) - YouTube

Ivan Corsani: "Pablo" (J. Martinez) - Arr. Anibal Arias - YouTube

Hope you like it! Cheers!
^ All good! I especially enjoyed the J. Martinez piece! Very light and playful.

I wasn't at all familiar with composer and classical guitarist J. Martinez and his peppy tango, so I looked him up and learned the following: "Born, raised, and trained in Uruguay, Julio Martínez Oyanguren (1901-1973) was one of the great South American classical guitarists. Like some of his contemporaries, Agustín Barrios of Paraguay and Guillermo Gomez of Spain/Mexico for example, Oyanguren played his own arrangements and guitar transcriptions of works by classical composers, as well as his own compositions. His career lasted decades (he also recorded a number of 78s for Columbia records around the same time), he toured internationally, was respected and well-known, and released many LPs. " (Quote is from the youtube video v=KaxdrH7YdPY).
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote