Music Banter - View Single Post - *** The Themed Weekly Member Mixtape Thread Is Back ***
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #357 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Ween - Wayne's Pet Youngin' - I like this track a lot, it's fun and raw as ****. Trollheart, you might like this side of Ween a bit better (their discography is quite diverse, hell even their albums vary widely from track to track).

Black Heart Procession & Solbakken- Dog Song - Loved this track, thought that the piano added a fantastically dark feel to it. I keep telling myself I'll check these guys out whenever JD plays them in plug but I think I'll actually do it now.

Jex Thoth - When the Raven Calls - Thought that the psychedelic tinge to this track worked very nicely, but the vocals really threw a stick in the spokes of the song for me. I liked the flute that was playing during the verses a lot though.

Hothouse Flowers - Don't Go - Oh my, this was cheesy. The sax interlude was the only interesting part.

Killdozer - Knuckles the Dog (Who Helps People) - I wasn't a fan of the vocalist on this one, but otherwise it was a decent track.

Primus - Too Many Puppies - I remember falling in love with Primus at age 6 when my dad was listening to this track because I thought it was hilarious. It still hasn't lost its value for me.

Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine - Pets Eat Their Master - My favourite track on the playlist. Thought that the guitars on it were great and liked the no wave-esque feel to the track that it had in the beginning. The rest of the track is good punky fun.

Ella Fitzgerald - Lullaby of Birdland - Can't hate Ella. Great instrumentation, notably the piano, and great vocals on this track. Nice pick.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote