Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #430 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanMC View Post
Vegangelica and Plankton, thanks a lot for your words! "Pablo" (a proper name: Pablo means Paul) was composed by José Martínez, who was an Argentinian pianist... in the 20's!! I'd suggest you guys have a go at Troilo's version of "Pablo": it's just majestic. Tango was a wondrous kind of music in Argentina and Uruguay. Agustín Barrios Mangoré was indeed a beyond amazing guitarist and a supreme composer. He was born in Paraguay, a South American country as well. There's lots of stuff by him to study. That guy was way ahead of his time!
Thanks for the correction! *Now* I have him found:

(Wikipedia) "José Martínez [born January 28, 1890 in Buenos Aires, died July 27, 1939, called "El Gallego" ( The Spaniard )] was an Argentine musician (guitarist, pianist), band leader and composer of Tango Argentino. José Martínez was one of the great pianists in the early days of the emergence of the classical tango orchestra. In his compositions he played an important role in the development of Tango Argentino as a new art form."
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote