Music Banter - View Single Post - Racism vs. Classism
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

You already know my stance on this Roxy since we have gone back and forth on this already but I highly disagree with you. The two issues go hand in hand but it's nice that you are able to just dismiss racism like it doesn't exist anymore. The fight of your parents and grandparents only helpled in certain ways but the system is still in place and currently discriminates against minorities whether you want to believe it or not.

Yes, money is powerful but not powerful enough to elevate someone past their racist ideals. Rich minorities are still go through prejudgice issues. They get pulled over just for being black.

You can't just throw your head in the sand saying 'la la la" Racism is in the past and it doesn't exist when it clearly does. It just isn't up front and in your face in the press as much as it used to be but it's clearly still around.

I always say that I rather someone speak up and let me know they are racist so I know where they are coming from instead of the people that end up being prejudiced against me while pretending they aren't racist. The sneaky racists.

I don't even know why you would still hold onto this argument in light of recent events in the press with Donald Sterling. Sure, he's an old white man so he's still holding onto resentment from his heydays but age doesn't excuse that there are plenty of other people that feel the same way about different minority groups.

The Dream released this song and I thought it was nice until the end when he uses the same tag line about classicism being the new racism which I think is bull****. Any talk of us being in a post-racial society is straight up ignorant imo.

Classicism is a big issue in this day and age but it goes hand in hand with the systematic racism that is placed on a large majority of people to create a ceiling where they can't get past.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote