Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #25534 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I would be perfectly fine with that. Screw concentrating so much on villain origin stories. All they have to do is just lightly touch on the Joker without showing him. She could have a shrine to him or something with strands of his hair laying around and be creative with it. He isn't completely necessary imo.
Without the Joker she just becomes comic relief. The dynamic between them is why she is dramatically compelling. I remember an episode of the nineties cartoon where Harley manages to capture Batman and tries to kill him while she tells her whole back story. Then at the end Batman reveals that all the stuff Joker told her to charm her over to his side were just made-up and she has this moment where she's crying and her heart is obviously breaking, but then, still crying, the denial comes to the surface and she tries to kill Batman again. It's one of those character moments that just totally sells the character and reveals her inner workings, and without the Joker playing a part I don't see how you could get something like that.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote