Music Banter - View Single Post - Racism vs. Classism
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

i believe a lot of times non racist things get classified as racist by ppl who WANT the situation to be racist. that ties into the victim complex im always talkin bout. a lot of time its offender profiling or something and not real racism. most racism is subtle and behind closed doors and whatever ppl wanna say or do in private i dont really care about as long as they arent out actively searchin to destroy or oppress minorities.

this whole recent-ish internet movement about battiling to see whos more oppressed and less privilieged is very laughable to me and prob most ppl. theres certainly a willingness of ppl to justify their crappy lives to themselves and pin it on racism or whatever other exagerated belief they want to trick themself into believin. their lives will be the same regardless of that belief but if they can trick themself into thinking a certain way, it helps them justify things to themselves.

i dont think many ppl are truly held back by racism. classism, sure, but what are we really talkin about here?? nobody wants to help the poor areas and with good reason. stuff gets detroyed there and theres too many ppl who are scumbags to justify helpin the ppl who really wanna better themself. lets just be honest about that and be honest about a lot of ppl living in poverty not workin very hard to escape it.

i personally know ppl who need government assistance because they are usin it for the benefit of society. they are workin or goin to school or have hit a hardship and are tryin to work towards glory and using the extra money as an aid - not just livin off the money and bein pathetic leeches and a drain on society. so i am not sayin all poor ppl suck or whatever lol, but lets just call it like it is and admit theres tons and tons of ppl with no aspirations or drive to ever better themselves. they will be sittin on their porches whining about their oppression til the day they die instead of tryin to get better

i dont think theres a place for outward racism like saying the N word in public or something like that, or pickin a fight. i do understand where the racist mindset comes from since i grew uo around it. im more educated and have a better big persepctive on life so i dont adopt that mindset but i do believe i understand it better than a lot of ppl do. its hard to feel sorry for ppl when you have personal experiences and anedotes that tell you one thing but then some fershman sociiology major is tryin to tell you the opposite or whatever
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote