Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Correctness and You.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 04:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

I dont really consider myself a pc person cause of justin long.

jk umm well no im not really a pc person but i do have tact and i am good at recogizing my audience when bein funny or just talkin which many ppl are not. if its around complete strangers i will be politically correct but for instance if theres a bunch of guys around and not a lot of chicks maybe i will throw out a sexist type joke and see how it flies. if theres all white ppl maybe i make a joke with racial elements and see what happens. all light jokes tho just to test the waters and see whats up.

i dont really get offended by pretty much anythin cause life is too short for that and theres really just nothin anyone could make fun of me for. if its in a joke form then i realize that and humor is different than bein serious. if they are serious then they wanna make me mad and i never let that happen.

if ur askin if theres a difference between the kkk and bein insensitive to minorities then yes theres a huge difference imo. that being that one group isnt actively making that a significant part of their life.

as for too easily offended i dunno about that. probably yes. be offended but ya dont gotta kill a joke or funny mood by expressing how offended u are unless someone is really out of line. i think in general ppl are a lil too serious and as ive said countless times here, most ppl seek out to become oppressed or victimized so they can take some petty stand and feel tough or somethin.

on the internet this is all a different ball game. its not face to face interaction and i will never meet any ppl on any forums im on so its all different. these ppl dont effect my life in a significant way
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote