Music Banter - View Single Post - Cicatrices' The Black Sound.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cicatrice
Writing my own disaster

Okay, I've been getting a bit ahead of myself when it comes to writing this blog. I'm not very good with reviewing albums in detail as anyone who's read the previous entries can tell. So rather than try and write overly detailed, and drawn out reviews, I'm going to simply type as if I was speaking to you face-to-face, except I'm not nearly as shy online, and won't use nearly as many sentence enhancers as I do when I'm really talking. Anyway, I'm mainly going to focus on telling you what I've been listening to lately, and rather than review it just give a simply paragraph or so on it, and move on. In time I will hopefully get better at writing reviews and being more descriptive with my writing.

What is Cicatrice Currently Addicted To?

I'm currently addicted to the Meat Puppets second album, Meat Puppets II. I've been giving it a good listen this morning. I know many people really like the following album, Up on the Sun, I really like Meat Puppets II, a lot. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of the first three albums. Something about Meat Puppets II though; Possibly the variety found on the album, along with the fact it was the album that introduced me to the Meat Puppets a number of years ago has simply caused it to stick with me as my favorite album.

Meat Puppets II has that country and western influence, and everything about the album is "wrong" yet.. its all RIGHT. It works perfectly, somehow. I've listened to the album only God knows how many times since I was first introduced to it a number of years ago, around 6 or 7, and it still sounds as fresh and fun as the first time I picked it up. And I truly believe it will in another 6 or 7 years. In reality, as much as I love the debut Meat Puppets album for what it is, without this slab of tunes right here, we probably wouldn't even care that the Meat Puppets existed. Like I said before how many places this album takes you is whats made me fall in love with it, and not be able to walk away from it.

In closing, this album belongs in my top 20 and most likely my top 10 of all time. It has had a huge impact on me in terms of my taste, because back in my early days of listening to these guys for the first time, I was primarily into metal, true hardcore punk, country, and that was about it. Anything outside of the "norm" such as this was basically ignored by me. So in reality, I owe a ton to this band, and specifically this particular album.

Last edited by Cicatrice; 05-06-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Cicatrice is offline   Reply With Quote