Music Banter - View Single Post - Need Manchester Advice
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
To jump in and hijack this thread for a second, what about London? I've always wanted to see the UK so I'm going for a few weeks this summer, any good/bad areas to stay?
If it was me I wouldn't bother but then I hate the place and wouldn't care if a wall was built around it and filled with water, I'd spend the money on visiting the other cities, Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle. If you like more old style then Cambridge, Chester, Bath, York etc.

The Gower Peninsula in Wales is stunning btw but it depends what you're looking for. Edinburgh and Glasgow are fantastic cities too.

Good areas of London are pretty much west and southwest London E. G. Fulham, Richmond, Kingston etc but will cost a bomb to stay in as will the centre obviously. East and South London are shiit tips, avoid.

There are many hidden gems across England, Scotland and Wales, look into those. London has its good points but we are the most capital-centric country in the western world and there is so much outside of London that goes unappreciated particularly Wales and Scotland.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote