Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson - Love Never Felt So Good
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
ASongADay
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero24 View Post
It's cool that they're putting up songs by MJ that we've never heard before, but I thought about something. Michael was a perfectionist. He wanted to make sure every piece of music he released was worth listening to. If he didn't release the songs in the XSCAPE album when he was still alive, he probably thought they weren't worthy to be released.
You have a good point, and from the reactions under the Youtube video, a lot of people share your opinion. As do I in a certain way. Michael was a perfectionist, and that's why people still love his music. But we don't know the whole story (we weren't there when he recorded this, obviously ! ). From what I understand XSCAPE is based on previous recorded demo's, which weren't full songs yet (listen to 'Love Never Felt So Good', it seems like the producers had to work with just one verse, pre-chorus and chorus which is repeated throughout the song). So I find it hard to say that the demo's weren't good enough in Michaels opinion and that they were never to be released. Maybe he just wanted to work on them a bit more before releasing them or maybe he was saving the demo's for another era. Obviously I'm just guessing because, like I said, I wasn't there ! Maybe he did think it was rubbish, who knows..
ASongADay is offline   Reply With Quote