Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands you LOVE to HATE!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 01:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust In Peace
what makes you despise new metallica?

i've heard alot of people say that, but when i've asked them why they say they don't know. some are totally stupid and say the lack of guitar solo's......but why do all songs need guitar solo's?

just thought i'd ask you why, because you seem to know what your talking about, and i might get some actual answers/views of people who like music on here, and not just low lifes who want to follow trend.
No, the fact that they don't have alot of solos doesn't come into play at all. I completely agree that adding in solos just for the sake of having them would ruin a lot of songs. I guess there's not a concrete reason for why I dislike metallica, maybe its because you can't go anywhere without hearing a song of theirs, or hearing about their movie, but mostly its because I just don't like their music, simple as that, it's just not my taste. Having said that, I guess "strongly despise" was a bit too harsh of a phrase.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER