Music Banter - View Single Post - Are Pear Jam still around?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPseudonym
"To have some kind of musical influence with any real significence, you have to influence actual musicians first"

If you influence the listeners, the bands that you (the record company) never let them hear about will be the ones to fall. Influencing them is enough. The listeners are the ones who make the bands. You can't possibly think that what people hear doesn't affect most musician's styles.
It dosent, the musicians make up the styles of their music and sound, not the fans, record companys market certain bands and songs to meet the demands of consumers, that has nothing to do with the music...You think King Crimson would change their sound to be more commercial and popular?...Nope. Bands and Songs do become popular because of the fans, but the fans dont write the songs, and they dont market the songs.

Thing is, the radio and MTV are made only to appeal to big audiances, not little ones, so they market music they appeal to whole sub-cultures, but more ambitious and underground music is ignored completely, simply because mainstream radio MTV dosent want to take risks, they are not gonna play anything that they are not sure will sell records, they just sell whats popular, and market the living hell out of it.

So if you want to hear new music instead of the same crap over and over, i recomend you download music illegaly...Because that will be the only way you are gonna find what you are looking for.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote