Music Banter - View Single Post - Genre Wars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by music_phantom13 View Post
Depends how you define an instrument. Here's a clip of araabMUZIK performing live:

Using a 64 key sampler with different samples loaded into each and using that to play live can be just as difficult as a blazing guitar sample. A lot of music out there actually "played" on instruments is ridiculously easy. You think it's hard to play a simple bass line compared to hitting each loop at exactly the right time?

Here's another sort of "instrument" that again requires tons of practice to master, just like a guitar or the drums:

As for emotion, a song like "Born Slippy" to me conveys just as deep emotion as a song by a band with bass, guitar, drums, and vocals:

They use a mix of electronic and live guitars/vocals.

I hate the argument that people make when they say "Oh well that's not hard I can make an electronic song right now". Well you know what? I bet I can teach someone that hasn't touched a guitar in their life how to perform a simple song in an hour or two.

You're free to like whatever you want, but there's no need to say entire styles of music have no value.
Holy crap, I was just talking about the tunes in the OP.

I know all of what you're saying, I just don't listen or even seek out that type of thing. Thanks for all that though.

...and yes I do know what. Just for the record. I can't stand people that use that term. It always leads to some grandstanding BS. Good luck in your endeavors.