Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #15399 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

On one of those buses we have with the new, rather annoying, announcing voice that tells you every stop you get to. "Greencastle Road." "UCI Cinema" etc.

So I live in a place called Darndale. It has had its bad rep in the past, so much so that people from Darndale applying for a job would always put some other nearby area (Coolock, Ayrfield, Belcamp etc) on their application. That was a long time ago: jokes like "If you're going to Darndale check all your wheels are still on the car before you leave" are a thing of the past. Mostly. It's quiet now.

Now the bus stops at Darndale and what does the announcer say? "Priorswood"! **** you bitch! Priorswood is up the road at least ten minutes and three stops away. It's ****ing Darndale you ****! Then there's ANOTHER stop that is also Darndale (it's a big estate) and she says "Malahide Road." True, we are ON the Malahide Road but it stretches for ****ing miles! Why ignore the obvious? We're outside Darndale, SAY Darndale! What if you were trying to get here and had never been before? You wouldn't know where you were.

Now I know the voice is only reading out what's programmed so my bitch is really with the software designer: IT'S ****ING DARNDALE YOU ****! DON'T ****ING PRETEND WE DON'T EXIST YOU BASTARD!

Sorry but that really pissed me off today. I mean, why?