Music Banter - View Single Post - Wpnfire? Who's Wpnfire?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 01:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I would assume he's talking about Zodiac signs? Maybe I'm a Leo, you're a Taurus or whatever?
Hmmmm, maybe, I still don't understand it fully. Anyway...

Wpnfire Presents
....Major Journal Review #1

INDUSTRIAL METAL ! ! !

Front Line Assembly – Millennium

It's 1994. In the United States, rock n' roll was a distant memory by this point, and thrash metal had seen its last days.
Overseas and elsewhere, EBM was a growing force, and the late 80s and 90s saw the birth of a melding of heavy metal of old with electronic music, leading to the inception of industrial music.

Nine Inch Nails of course is what everybody naturally thinks of with industrial, but Front Line Assembly did something truly unique with Millennium: sampling notable riffs from the likes of Metallica, Pantera, and others, and melding it with their own electronic constructions.

This album has everything. <- Read this first sentence again. I can not emphasize what this album has to offer any listener.

It's got sampling, heavy metal guitar riffs, distorted vocals, techno beats, drum beats, breakdowns, and tons and tons of experimentation.

The guitar riffs on "Millennium" are notable for their brutal intensity when combined with the screamed-yet-notably-mellow, ambient vocals. Aside from "Millennium" there is one song that clearly separates itself from the rest....
As if there was not enough variety in the music already, "Victim of a Criminal" adds rap to it's brutal and heavy formula, and hoh hoh my God, is it just.......awe inspiring.

overall rating: 9/10

As of right now it stands to be one of my favorite albums of all time, as well as being my favorite EBM album. "Victim of a Criminal" is easily my favorite rap song.

As an added bonus here's a music video for "Millennium". It's dated as all hell and extremely funny because of it, but it's still a great song if you look past the fact that you're watching an original MTV music video lol.
Spoiler for "Millennium":
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote