Music Banter - View Single Post - What Shows Have You Been To Lately?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 02:08 AM   #86 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Survival Knife
Hungry Ghost
California

to start a fun day record shopping and book shopping with my friend Carson in the big city....meeting up with WhateverDude at the show and getting there seconds before the opening band California started

unfortunately California really lacked.....the drums were great and the band had something....it just didn't come across live.....i spoke with the bass player and they'll have some recorded material soon.....i'll check it out but honestly just don't think it's my type of thing....still really nice guys

Hungry Ghost was interesting but really seemed to be missing something in my opinion.....turns out that something was their bass player.....i ended up grabbing a shirt and their album.....the album which has all three members is actually quite good....and i can think of at least three people here i'll forward it to just because i really think they'll dig what they're doing

and then Survival Knife....whose album i've been listening to almost non stop for a week.....2/3s of one of my all time favorite bands Unwound came to the stage and seriously fucking killed it.....a great set full of just great noisy post hardcore.....the music really fit the venue.....and when these guys blow up i can proudly say that i caught them in a venue with only 50 people there....two of whom i would call friend .....and i fell in love with their bass player....

overall a great night with great people that ended with coffee and donuts at a place called Bob's
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote