Music Banter - View Single Post - Comet's Musical Journey Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Comet1234
Groupie

Default Comet's Musical Journey Journal

Hello, welcome to my first journal entry! I will include reviews and introduce new artists as well and other cool things. With every review I will include Spotify links that you can listen to songs from the album I reviewed. I hope to update this at least every couple of days, so check back often. I will also give the albums I review 1-10 ratings (10/10 being the best.) Enjoy.

ALBUM REVIEW

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Aufheben (2012) 8/10

The Brian Jonestown Massacre are a neo-psychedelic band that have been around since 1990. They incorporate a fun but fragile musical composition of The Flaming Lips with songs like, "Blue Order/New Monday." They also have some of The Beatles influence with including the sitar in some of their songs like, "Face Down On the Moon." An overall soothing and rhythmic sound record to listen to. This is my first record to hear of theirs but I see they have some critical acclaimed albums earlier that I need to explore. But I presume from this album's cohesiveness and accessibility that they have blossomed and become more competent and mature with every release. But I would recommend this album for someone's first album from The Brian Jonestown Massacre because as I stated earlier, it's a real easy album to warm up to after you give it a couple of spins or thumb clicks.

FUN FACTS ABOUT BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE:

1. Aufheben is German for to be "lifted up" or to "transcend."
2. Brian Jonestown have had a rotation of at least forty members since 1990.
3. Neo-psychedelic if you don't know is a genre inspired by the psychedelicrock from the 60's of the Beatles and Pink Floyd. It has envolved into psychedelic rock with more distortion and synthesizers with clean guitars. The Church and The Soft Boys were poineers in the 80's and The Flaming Lips in the 90's and Animal Collective real recently.

SPOTIFY LINKS TO BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE MUSIC SAMPLER:

1. Starirway to the Best Party
2. Clouds Are Lies
3. I Wanna Hold Your Other Hand
4. Face Down On the Moon
5. Blue Order/New Monday

Brian Jonestown Massacre by Carly Wiggins on Spotify

Last edited by Comet1234; 05-12-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Comet1234 is offline   Reply With Quote