Music Banter - View Single Post - Straight Outta the Coffin!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Violent Femmes/Violent Femmes 1983

Now it is time for me to review one of my favourite albums of all time, but as I'm not one for writing long reviews I shall just present the music, as in the end my words matter not, it is only the music you have come here to hear....

The album kicks off with the Femmes most notable track Blister in the Sun, a song that has been played to death countless times at nightclubs catering to the "alternative" crowd. However it is Add it Up that is that is most fondly remembered as the banner song on the album

Add it up:

Promise:
A good straight forward song on the album "Do you know what it's like to hate when it's way down deep inside? Oh, God, I hate what's been done to my life. One of the Femmes great love songs... feeling the good vibes yet.

Gone Daddy Gone

I haven't really touched on the music composition itself yet. The whole album is pretty much done in standard 4/4 timing but the layers of melodies they build into their songs to accompany the rhythm is great, as seen with the xylophone percussion solos in Gone Daddy Gone.

There are so many great songs on the album I probably didn't pick all the right ones, but then again music is about discovery and I don't want to give up all the secrets.

**** stars
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote