Music Banter - View Single Post - bands/artists that didn't fulfill their promise...
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
hate paper doll
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
What bothers me about Weezer is that I KNOW they still can make the kind of songs they made in the past, it wasn't a fluke, they weren't a one hit wonder ya know? they had talent but they seem to chose the route of making mainstream hits..

which i get, one crappy hit single that gets air play will get them more money than a good song that's unpopular..

like you i do think the blue album is their best work but pinkerton has 'Across the sea' which is probably my fav weezer song.

I like them both but my heart belongs to Pinkerton. I don't hate the green album but I haven't bought anything they've put out past that.

I think the biggest thing stopping Weezer from duplicating that level of success is the fact that Rivers Cuomo just doesn't want to get that personal again. He was dealing with physical pain from surgery, being bipolar, feeling lonely and disillusioned with the rock star life etc etc, and that resulted in some really emotional material.
hate paper doll is offline   Reply With Quote