Music Banter - View Single Post - An important matter...
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Default An important matter...

I would like to talk to you about a very important subject.

It is a subject that is full of misinformation, deception, hate, Nazis, planets, dragons, corporate cutbacks, geologists, bigger and stronger dragons, ankle socks, electricity, bacteria, Jimmy Buffet concerts, jump ropes, sperm whales, garlic salt, black denim jeans, heartache, tongue depressors, clown shoes, venereal diseases, love, Six Flags, neon lights, last-second abortions, werewolves, tapeworms, traffic, diapers, and staple removers.

It is...Planet Earth

Look around with wonder at all humankind has created. LOOK! Take ten minutes and go look. I'll wait here.

Did you look? Probably not. My point is this...is this the best we can do? A society which is driven to get as much money as possible by any means necessary? A society where the best, quickest way to achieve "happiness" is to humiliate yourself on TV? To promote yourself and get your 15 minutes of fame? This is a fact. People WILL, in the future, look back on this time period. They will look at what we ate, what we watched, and how we treated those with less. What will they say?

Reality shows aren't for everyone. Maybe you can got the other route to happiness. Write and song a song. I'll even provide you with the lyrics for an instant top-40 sensation.

Girl...
You're so fiiine
Saw you at the cluuuuub...
Lookin fiiiiine....

(Chorus)-
She was at the club, lookin so fine
(So fiiiiiiiiine)
Gonna get her drunk and make her miiiiiiiine
(date rapeeeee)
Scale of 10 to 10, she was a 9
(a niiiiiiiiiine)
But add her ugly friend
(I saw a pocket weiner)
And she adds up to miiiiiiine)
(Cause nine plus one is tennnnn)

ect.

Don't like to sing? Don't like to gorge yourself on horse testicles? You can still make your living. You just need a job. Or jobs. If you don't have a college degree, good luck getting by on one job. Do you have kids? Are you one of tens of millions Americans without health insurance? Better make that two jobs. Let's say you went down the right route. Your family had money, went to college. Best case scenario for you is you get 40 hours a week. You spend five out of seven days a week working. Human beings, with all the knowledge, technology, and experience that we have, work 40 hours a week. 40! And that's the minimum! If you want to keep your job during this turbulent economy, you better be ready for overtime. Maybe 40 hours a week doesn't sound bad to you. That's about 2,000 hours a year. Lucky Americans can keep steady work until they're 55. That's only 58,000 lifetime hours hours of work, conservatively figured. And that is if you can get by on one job.

What if we as a world decided that was no way to live? What if every month you were assigned to a different job. You work only three days a week and anybody fifteen years or older had to participate or else you are "moved" to Australia. Is that plan perfect? Good lord no. If we lived like that, the human race would be wiped out long before 2012. But it's an idea. The current plan isn't working to well either, as long as I am nitpicking.

So why did we choose it? How do we change it?

I'll wait for your answers to this highly intellectual and important matter...

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote