Music Banter - View Single Post - Comet's Musical Journey Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Comet1234
Groupie

PETER GABRIEL - SECURITY (1982) - 9/10

Innovative and fresh and beyond its years at its making at 1982. Some people choose So, I choose Security. No disrespect to So but Security is filled with so much substance while So is more a fun 80's album with agreeable songs like "Sledgehammer" and "Big Time." Security is filled with contemplaitve lyrics from the spiritually charsmatic "Lay Your Hands On Me" to the sweet sentimental closer "Kiss Of Life." Another intriguing aspect of this album is the tribal drumming, crisp yearning outspoken vocals and reverb guitars inbetween it all. If you listened to So but haven't branched out to other Peter Gabriel's albums, or haven't listened to any of his albums, I highly recommend this album. Plus "Shock the Monkey" and "San Jancinto" are classics in my book. Listen to some of the links provided below.

THOUGHTS:

1. If you have heard of many of Peter Gabriel's albums, what's your favorite album?
2. Do you agree or disagree with me, does So or Security resonate with you more? Why?
3. If you haven't heard any of Peter Gabriel's albums, does this review encourage you or not encourage to listen to any of Peter Gabriel's albums or Security?

MUSIC LINKS:

Last edited by Comet1234; 05-12-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Comet1234 is offline   Reply With Quote