Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #352 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

so i decided to bring this thread back to tell you about my day. The store I work at was having an exclusive demo day at one of the local mountains (a bunch of reps bring a ton of different skis and boards for us to try out), so between a free day of skiing, free lunch, and testing out some sick skis, i decided it would be much more beneficial to go than to go to school. so the day was awesome, we could only stay on the green runs so that there was no chance someone would f*ck up the equipmet, but the park was open, so fun times ensued. well, on the last run of the day, i decided to go really f*cking huge off the big booter in the park. well i went really f*cking huge, and managed to clear the landing, laning right in the flats (and if anyone skis or boards and has voershot a jump, they know why that's a bad thing), and next thing i know my knee goes straight to my face, hard. my first reaction was "oh f*ck, if my goggles were broken i'm screwed", since they were a demo pair, and would cost me $110 to buy a pair of broken goggles when i already own the exact same ones. luckily, the goggles didnt have a scratch (oakley makes good sh*t). but with some makeup its barely even noticable anymore, just the part that got cut to the left of my eye is still pretty visible, since makeup stings on open cuts, but the bruise is almost completely covered. so i'm off in about 1/2 hour to pick up some of the guys from work so we can celebrate one of the tech's 18th birthday at the pub. woot woot. f*cking awesome day.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote