Music Banter - View Single Post - Powerstar's Thought-Filled Barf Of Musicalness
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #149 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Well like you say, try it and see. The only problem feedbackwise I can see is that, well, even in the best journals there is minimum feedback. You could perhaps open a poll in the main section and ask people's opinions? Or see how you YT audience feel.

I get what you say about long reviews though. Sometimes I get bored writing mine, and will occasionally let a track or two slip by without comment if there's nothing I either like or really dislike about it. That's why I tried the "Bitesize" format, sort of like what Briks is now doing too. I know generally people don't read long reviews, apart from a few people like Unknown Soldier and Anteater, so I know much of my stuff probably goes unread. However if I'm enthusiastic enough about the album or indeed series or film I'm looking at I will give it all I have.

You could maybe try doing your video reviews and then a short review in the "Bitesize" style, just getting the main points across. Or you could review in the style of Urban!

Anyway whichever way you decide to do it hope it works for you, and remember if reviews don't keep you interested it's your journal: try something else. Review a sporting event, a movie or maybe a game? Or do something totally different. Surprise yourself, and your readers.

Best of luck as always. I'll keep watching. And reading.