Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #2595 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm still surprised that the CW is actually managing not to ruin that show. Everything they do is mediocre at best and yet Arrow manages to seize victory from the jaws of defeat.

Spoiler for kehrg:
I'm mildly cynical about Oliver getting off the island though. The whole point of him being on the island is that he's isolated from society. They can definitely do a lot with the idea, but might not the whole vibe of that whole half of the show get flushed down the toilet and be replaced with exactly the same vibe as the rest of the show?

I'm curious what they're going to do with Ra's Al-Ghul though. Making him just an assassin and taking away the whole six-hundred year old thing took away a lot of his coolness factor. His whole appeal to me was that he had a sort of not-quite-human aura to him that made him kind of creepy.
Give it a year or two, no decent show can withstand the pull into mediocrity from that network. If it gets to 5 decent seasons then I'll consider it a miracle.

As to the other thing, I don't know if the writers/producers are confident enough for the more comic-booky parts of the larger universe and will probably introduce them later and retcon the changes into canon.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote