Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #10559 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Plaid - Reachy Prints (2014)
First listen during my commute this morning. Very lush! I can't say I like it better than their last one yet, but it definitely has a lighter quality to it, a bit more reminiscent of their classic albums Not For Threes, Rest Proof Clockwork, and Double Figure to an extent. Maybe more so their soundtrack work Tekkonkinkreet from 2006 and Heaven's Door from 2008, both of which I really enjoyed. Scintilli (2011) was really good and underrated by fans, and for me a return to good melodies after the difficult Spokes (2003), but it was also a little thick/heavy in a way. This is lighter and more summery. People were complaining about the length of the album before it even came out (40 minutes), but I believe that's a fine length (40 to 50 minutes being my preference). I did find that it ended too soon, I wasn't ready to be done with it. But I prefer that to an overlong album. This just makes me want to listen to it again very soon. As in later today. And it's rare I listen to an album more than once in a day.