Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle11's Twenty Fourteen Listening Log
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #83 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

The tale of my fucked up earphones that I still use

So last Wednesday I must have done something to my earphones. Pulled a wire our of place or trampled it's innards in some other fashion. The result of this was having earphones that do not work properly any more. Normally you would put up with it for a bit until you buy some new ones. But I kind of like them as they are.

You see, what happens when you play a track through them is that certain channels (or whatever the correct term is) don't seem to be playing at all. This leaves you listening to various parts of the track in all sorts of different ways. Some songs have no vocals, lead guitar and synth. Others may have backing vocals, acoustic guitar and some reverb. Others seems to be an instrumental containing most of the drum and guitar parts. It goes on really.

I find this quite fascinating. It is a completely new way for me to enjoy many of my favourite songs. For example - I just listened to a few Auteurs tracks, and the way in which that album was mixed leaves my earphones only playing acoustic/not lead guitar, piano and a feint sound of drums and vocals.

I have listened to many of these songs 50+ times and they can become slightly boring, but this has breathed new life into my listening experience whilst travelling to and from work.

I don't know how long I will keep them as my only headphones, and it probably won't be very long, but I will definitely be keeping them around.

G-Man signing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote