Music Banter - View Single Post - How Privileged Are You?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 12:08 AM   #118 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I think you are partly right and partly wrong. You are right when you said: "incredibly exagerated to the point of absurdity." On the other-hand I think you are missing the point and don't see what is being done here. There are certain people in the world who want the whole white race to be "priv" to justify their own prejudice, hatred, mockery, etc etc. It is really insulting because there are poor who get labeled "priv" and I guess this is done so you can mock and tease them and have no respect for them as human beings, and dismiss any hardships they have. Do you see anyone shocked for seeing or hearing "white trash" or "red-necks"? There is almost a sanctioned bigotry against poor whites. I guess people who use those words don't see how privileged they are for being able to say that against whites without being judged as insensitive or prejudice for using them.

I see it in a slightly different light. I grew up personally seeing no one with privileges or having it easy and what I saw is each person had their own hardships. I also notice some hardships garner much sympathy while others none. I think in a way you have to give everyone respect because you don't know what troubles they are going through. (“Be kind to people and don’t judge, for you do not know what demons they carry and what battles they are fighting.”― Vashti Quiroz-Vega) I think you have to destroy the propaganda that is taught you and figure the world for yourself otherwise you subjugate to nonsense that will make you bitter, and won't be able to grow and mature as a person.

im a little confused by the first paragraph of ur response. i feel like im agreeing with u and ur saying im not or something. part of what i said is that the poor whites are like the most forgotten demographic. cause these ppl who talk about priv live in a bubbe and cant fathom the millions of impoverished whites in this country. if they did then it would take away from their own oppression which has become so crucial to their livelihood.

and im nor sure if you are callin me out for using those terms but i just have no problem saying it. i grew up in a redneck town. ppl call themselves rednecks. i dont consider it to be a big deal
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote