Music Banter - View Single Post - How Privileged Are You?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 12:30 AM   #119 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

I don't know why I'm going to even bother trying to explain this to you butthead but white privilege isn't just about economic status.

Yes, there are rich black and brown folks, but even they are subject to racial profiling and stereotyping (especially because those who encounter them often don't know they're rich and so view them as decidedly not), as well as bias in mortgage lending, and unequal treatment in schools. So, for instance, even the children of well-off black families are more likely to be suspended or expelled from school than the children of poor whites.

Even though poor whites, are suffering economically, this doesn't mean they lack racial privilege. Whites have the luxury of not having to worry that their race is going to mark against them negatively when looking for work, going to school, shopping, looking for a place to live, or driving for that matter: things that other minorities can't take for granted.

White privilege doesn't mean that you will have everything handed to you in life or win every competition just based off of your skin color. Sure you still have to work for things but there are general advantages and that's fine if you choose to ignore them.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote