Music Banter - View Single Post - What makes me like certian music?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Default What makes me like certain music?

I'm really starting to get confused about what music I like.
A lot of the times when I listen to new music(in studio albums), I don't dislike it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. For example, a pretty long time ago I listened to ''Damned Damned Damned'' By The Damned, and back than I didn't like it all that much. I didn't dislike it, but it did absolutely nothing for me . I thought ''why do people like this so much?''
But Now I put it on again and I'm like ''What was I thinking? This is great!''

I don't get it, what makes me like certian music?
Also, Whenever somone sends me a single song I also can't really judge. I need to listen to an album.
I noticed many times I start liking albums when I know the songs a bit, which means multiple listens. But finding out which ones are worth listening to again can be quite confusing.

And than there ARE some albums that I like immidietely, they're just a lot more rare. But it doesn't seem to have much to do with how much I'll end up liking it, it seems completely random.

It even happens when there's a band I love and I hear a simialar sounding band. There has even been some albums I hated at first and ended up liking, but I guess that's more of a ''it grew on me'' thing and doesn't have much to do with this.

Does somone have the same thing, or even an explenation to this phenominon?

Last edited by Dylstew; 05-21-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote