Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #114 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?
Not really what I was expecting in the electronica club. I was curious but not overexcited.
2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?
It grew on me. I think "Flight of the Bumblebee" was where where I started to get more into it.
3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?
Not sure. I think I actually liked the middle the best.
4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
I've only listened once. I could see myself getting more into it if I listened in the right mood(g) at some point.
5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?
"Gossippo Perpetuo" by a long shot. Very fun song.
6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?
Not sure.
8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
Decent variety I guess. I actually wish it had more of a coherent mood because it sounds more like a collection of songs than an album.
9. What is the overall mood on this album?
Goofy.
10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?
Sure. I think I need to be in a different mood for this than I was in when I listened to it.
11. How well do you already know the band/artist?
Heard of him but never heard his music.
13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?
More quirky electronics, less conventional music.
14. Would you recommend this album to others?
Yes.
15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?
Sure.
16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?
Vintage electronica? I'd call it krautrock if it weren't for the fact that Perrey is French.

My Rating:

7/10
Any other thoughts you had about this album you would like to share?
Right now it's more of an album that I respect than an album I like at the moment, just based on how ahead of it's time it is, but I could see it growing on me.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote