Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #125 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
If you don't call Black Sabbath the first heavy metal band, who do you call the first heavy metal band?
Now, I may have said that there's no fastness to the songs, which is what some consider heavy metal. I was just putting out a point. I do, indeed, feel that they are the first metal band. But they are also a classic rock band more so to me...

Quote:
I believe I said it earlier, the solo is what makes it heavy for me. I see what you are getting at here, and it reminds me of "Killer of Giants" by Ozzy Osbourne, which of course, everyone agrees is heavy metal. That's what I use to base that.
This is one of the points I was trying to make; just because you cannot hear the metal in the song, which every song, except Nothing Else Matters, is as strongly metal than anything in the Unforgiven.

Quote:
Again, it boggles my mind

Everything boggles someone's mind. Yours moreso than most

Quote:
I can't fathom why you would think that when Master has "Master of Puppets," AND "The Thing That Should Not Be." I guess it's slower, but I don't see the difference in heavy.
Did you stop thinking and just listen to the albums, or think about their structures and their differences? Taking any song from Kill 'Em All and compare them to the rest, there is just something rawer and a lot edgier, plus a lot faster in feel than the rest. No, not by miles and miles, but by feet or yards, meters, too, if you like.

Quote:
That's just wrong.
So says the person whom didn't like the Black Album. Hey, it's a double edged sword here, a double edged demon sword.

Quote:
Look me saying that the black album is 'barely a heavy metal album' is way way different than you saying that '..And Justice is not a true thrash metal album.'
Like I've said, and you've said about other albums past that one. The Black Album was metal. Even if you don't see it, it is. So was Black Sabbath. Not that you don't see that. But ...And Justice just doesn't have the fast pace that thrash contains. Listening to the first three and compare them to ...And Justice, it's night and day, really. Sure, there's still metal in there, everywhere, but the elements of thrash were waning. Not to say that it isn't thrash. I just kind of look at it as a less thrashy album. Heck, didn't I say I liked it over "Master" did I? But I consider Master as thrash, and that is because it is speedier. With every album they slowed down just a bit. To me, that is. I think it's thrash, but not true to the earlier ones.

Quote:
I was reading a review for it a few weeks ago that called it *the pinnacle thrash metal album of the 80s* or something like that.
Oh really? They said 'something like that' eh? Look, that's the same as saying that I read a review the other week where someone called the Black Album an awesome heavy metal album that will go down in history as the very best. It's all subjective. One second you could be thinking 'Gee, that's heavy metal' and it was a Kiss song, which I don't recall being heavy metal. Or saying, 'This is the heaviest band ever!' and it being Slipknot. Or thinking that Godzilla 2014 wasn't a real Godzilla movie, nor was '98. But some people don't agree.

Quote:
I don't agree with that sentence at ALL.
You know what? You don't have to; we don't live under a dictatorship, so go on and not agree. It won't put me in a coma, or anything.

Quote:
That's not stating an opinion, that's just wrong.
And that's what? Just your opinion, man.

Quote:
You can speculate that maybe Pluto is a planet, but you can NOT say that maybe Saturn is a planet. The black album is maybe a heavy metal album, but ..And Justice is 100% a thrash metal album.
Have you ever just wanted to tell someone to shut up? Well, have you? Then just be real and tell me to... I just did to you with this whole post.

Or something like that...
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote