Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #1486 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I feel like it captured his movements alright. The beginning of the performance that ended up looking like a water sheen was covering it made it look a bit peculiar. Also, why didn't they just use the lead single that everyone loves and could sing along to? Sure, for the fans that did end up buying the album they could sing along to Slave to the Rhythm but Love Never Felt So Good has been getting more radio airplay and people most likely know that song.

I'm just not okay with holograms of dead people performing period. It just seems super exploitative.
The Hologram was AWFUL! I think they did a hologram of an impersonator because Mike NEVER moved that slow and it looked NOTHING like him!

I agree they should have picked a better single. They could have picked the lead single or Blue Gangsta or Xscape. I don't particularly care for the re-worked version of Slave to the Rhythm. I think the demo is WAY better.

Yes, it is very exploitative which is why I did not like the idea but since they were hyping it up like it was going to be something interesting I went along with it but now I feel horrible that they did do it. I just hope they do not do a Hologram tour. Some of the fans liked the Hologram and some did not. So the reviews are split in the middle.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote