Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do you attend a music festival? Line up or atmosphere?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

A bit of both but it is primarily driven by line up. I do try to attend at least one different music festival each year. I love my Metal but I also love a ton of other genres and 3 days of Metal does get very tiresome. If it's a fest abroad then I will incorporate some sightseeing before or after for a couple of days.

The only festival that I can see myself attending religiously is Damnation festival which is a day festival, ridiculously cheap (this year is the most expensive @ £36) and chock full of one off dates, unknown bands and great facilities. This year will be my 4th in a row and of course I meet up with Mojo each year for a beer or two.

The reason why I am going to alt fest this year is the sheer scope of music on offer. There is a main stage, goth stage, steampunk stage, metal stage, EBM stage as well as an alt circus stage.

What I won't attend is a festival that has an attendance of 20k +. I don't care who is playing (this years UK Sonisphere looks damn good) because if I am a mile away from the stage, having to pay £5 for weak beer and queue for 30 mins to get said beer AND pay double than my usual festivals then I won't enjoy it.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote