Music Banter - View Single Post - The Disorders and Character Flaws Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #261 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
its a self fulfilling prophecy i have experienced

it comes from ppl over the yrs maybe tellin u that you will not succeed or are a loser or whatever other negative things. and it also comes from your own belief somewhere inside u that u dont deserve the success ----- that the prospects of success is unwarranted. that u have not lived a life worthy of glory.

when in reality u must find ur fuel. convert negativity to positivty for fuel for the journey towards your own personal glory..... at times u must have the mantlaity of a one man army, one man vs the world and set out to conquer it. its all about the process and striving. you can do it but everyday you wait to start is a day youve wasted

exactly.

my parents (especially my mother and my grandparents on her side) had a terrible habit of pulling this nonsense on me and once I started tuning it out I basically said "fuck you, I'm going to do amazing, incredible, awesome things with myself because I'm perfectly capable and worthy. fuck you."

I have largely cut them out of my life (mostly my mother and grandparents - I keep in touch as much as possible with my father and sister) and it's amazing what you can accomplish (and how much better you can actually feel about yourself) once you cut out people who make you feel like you're worthless.