Music Banter - View Single Post - Misogynist goes on killing spree & Youtube videos
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I thought the CDC figure was one out of five or 20% - being raped or attempt of being raped.
a lot of the stats that get thrown around are from a study done by some lady named mary kross back in 1985. i think it was a college rape study or something. anyways the short version is that she just asked sexual questions then decided afterwards whether she considered it to be rape or not....

there was a lot of ambiguity in the questions. women who had regretful one night stands where they had been drinking were considered to be raped

of the women kross considered to be raped, only 27% of those women considered themselves to be raped.

there is a huge difference in statistics if you look at the cdc, and say, the fbi statistics. most of that is accounted for by survey questions that include phrasings that boil down to 'have you ever had drunk sex'.

if youd like to include drunk or high sex as rape then so be it, but i find it really misleading and contributing to our fear mongering culture. maybe its to help increase funding for womens centers, i dont know the reasoning.

of course i have empathy towards real rape victims in the way that i define rape. the point im makin is that its not nearly as prevalent as ppl think.

cdc study info:

Quote:
In a telephone survey with a 30 percent response rate, interviewers did not ask participants whether they had been raped. Instead of such straightforward questions, the CDC researchers described a series of sexual encounters and then they determined whether the responses indicated sexual violation. A sample of 9,086 women was asked, for example, “When you were drunk, high, drugged, or passed out and unable to consent, how many people ever had vaginal sex with you?” A majority of the 1.3 million women (61.5 percent) the CDC projected as rape victims in 2010 experienced this sort of “alcohol or drug facilitated penetration.
Quote:
Participants were asked if they had ever had sex because someone pressured them by “telling you lies, making promises about the future they knew were untrue?” All affirmative answers were counted as “sexual violence.” Anyone who consented to sex because a suitor wore her or him down by “repeatedly asking” or “showing they were unhappy” was similarly classified as a victim of violence.

Last edited by butthead aka 216; 05-25-2014 at 10:47 PM.