Music Banter - View Single Post - in memoriam for butthead
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
So... what did he actually get banned for? Besides being disliked.
I personally did not dislike the guy, but then I can't approve the way he handle himself either. He did piss me off on two separate occasions in plug.dj. and documented the occasion in the Spill Your Guts thread. I am a forgive and forget kinda of guy, but that doesn't mean I think anything goes either.

I can not approve of someone deliberately trolling the way he did. I didn't care for his rants in his journal. If he had a legitimate opinion that was his own he shouldn't be hiding that opinion behind his infamous "drunkin' frat dude" persona as he describes it. He did that to get under peoples skin, which to the extent he did it is trolling and against forum rules. I never let a single thing he said bother me because it was all a farce to begin with, and I never once felt he said what he believed in either. I was surprise to find out he was Dirty. I wasn't quite familiar with who Dirty really was, but had on one conversation in the shout-box before his perma-ban.

Any way he also created another account (something he admitted to yet under another account) which again is also against forum rules. And bragged that he was Dirty who was perma-ban, which creating a second account is reason enough for a perma-ban.

And he taunted mods and made a mockery of infractions and bans, and did responded to mods in a less than respectful way. One example was that annoying Nicholas Cage gif he posted in response to Jans. His approach to mods in any other forum would with those kind of thing he did would be enough to earn himself a ban. Well maybe there are members who don't think it is severe enough to be ban, but he reveled in pushing the envelope. So he got what he wanted.

I guess everyone was expecting some kind of spectacular example of trolling by 216 instead they got death by 1000 paper-cuts that went unnoticed by the majority of people. While on the subject I like to send out kudos to Christian Benetton for earning his Most Masterful Troll of MusicBanter degree and creating hot button threads. No kudos, not really, I have to point out that sarcasm for those who can't detect internet sarcasm.

I think if you're looking for the last voice of reason you should look at Vanilla for taking the necessary mod action which were done within the parameters of the forum rules.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards