Music Banter - View Single Post - The Gaming Industry
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #98 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Aye, Half-Life pretty much nailed it in terms of seamlessly integrating cutscenes and narrative into the game. The way the entire game including every cutscene is seen from Freeman's perspective is very clever. It's surprising more games don't follow suit because the sense of immersion it creates is stunning.
And it's not only the dynamic cutscenes with Half-Life, but also the 'silent protagonist' that I like. Dead Space (1) and the Legend of Zelda also employ the silent protagonist, and nobody can argue that both of those were well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Funny how innovation in the industry means catching up to Valve...
Valve is hands down my favorite game developer. Their goal is not to make money, and they're all about the games and the people who play them. Steam and the simply outrageously cheap deals they offer nearly everyday through Steam are evidence of that.

The Take-Two Interactive conglomerate of 2K Games/Rockstar Games is a VERY close second because they've yet to release a game I have not enjoyed, from NBA 2k to Borderlands to Civilation to the unbelievable Grand Theft Auto. Take-Two is a tad more interested in the money than Valve, but they make great games so I'll excuse it.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote